Electronic throttle bodies are engineered, developed and rigorously tested to meet Original Equipment (OE) requirements. Spectra Premium electronic throttle bodies meet or exceed the performance of the original equipment they replace.
AFTER THE REPLACEMENT OF THE ELECTRONIC THROTTLE BODY (ETB), THE VEHICLE ON-BOARD COMPUTER MUST RELEARN THE NEW THROTTLE PLATE IDLE POSITION.
After the replacement of the electronic throttle body, the engine idle speed may fluctuate, cause the engine to stall or even turn on the check engine light.
Perform the following relearn procedure for the on-board computer to adjust to the new idle position on the electronic throttle body:
1. Start and run the engine in park for 3 minutes.
2. Turn the engine OFF for a minimum of 60 seconds.
3. Start the engine and run for another 3 minutes.
4. Engine should idle normally after 3 minutes.
After having performed the relearn procedure and the engine still does not run within normal idle speed, it will be necessary to drive the vehicle above 45 mph (70 Km/h) including several decelerations. Also ensure that after driving the vehicle, let the engine idle for a minimum of 5 minutes.
If the engine has returned to normal idle speed, the relearn procedure is completed.
If the idle speed is still erratic or incorrect, restart idle relearn procedure.
- Designed for the perfect fit every time
- Original Equipment (OE) level reliability and function
- Fit and road tested to ensure dependable real world performance
- Designed as complete assembly with included position sensor
- See the Product Description below for an important technical notice