The Cobra 29 LX radio features a completely new design unlike anything currently available from Cobra. It has a long list of impressive features, the most noticeable being the stunning, multi-color digital display. Covering the majority of the radio’s face, the display offers information on the current channel, transmission and reception strength, SWR levels and all other major CB operations. The display can be easily seen at night, and can be set to one of four customizable colors; red, green, blue and amber. In addition to the new display, the Cobra 29 LX includes a host of impressive features. 10 NOAA Weather channels with automatic scanning and alerts keep you informed of current conditions and any severe weather situations that exist. New to the Cobra 29 line, channel scanning lets you actively scan all 40 frequencies for activity. The Radio Check Diagnostic feature provides information on RF power, antenna condition and battery voltage. Other features include a PA (Public Address) mode, antenna warning indicator, delta tune, RF gain, talk back, channel memory, dynamite, instant channel 9/19 and more. When it’s a feature packed CB radio with an impressive design and stunning display you want, the Cobra 29 LX is the choice for you. Nothing comes close to a Cobra.
The 29 LX features a modern aesthetic design with a selectable LCD color display in red, green, blue, or amber to complement the interior of any cab. The display also has customizable night and day settings to enhance readability in both very bright and very dark conditions. In addition, Cobra’s latest CB Radio features a new clock/timer that enables drivers to track their on-time driving hours. The driver clock/timer also functions as an alarm clock.
This model is based on the 29 LTD Classic platform, with added features: The new weather receiver with scan automatically advances to the next clear channel when driving cross-country ensuring the driver is always getting the latest weather alerts and warnings. Also new is the industry’s first and only Radio Check Diagnostic. Now users can monitor the radio’s RF output, SWR setting, and vehicle battery voltage.
The 29 LX also includes all 40 channel scan and memory channel programming, Instant channel 9 and 19, audible key tones, channel frequency readout for CB and weather channels, 4 watts AM RF power output, the maximum amount of power allowed by law; Talk Back controls allowing drivers to adjust the desired amount of modulation talk-back.
29 LX Features
Selectable 4-Color LCD Display With Dimmer
Choose from four easy-to-read display colors for viewing operating channel frequency and other data: red, blue, green and amber. Match your cab or just your preference with ease. You can also adjust the brightness of the front panel for day and night driving.
10 NOAA Weather Channels With Emergency Alert
The 29 LX provides instant access to 10 National Weather Channels, 24 hours a day, in all 50 states. The Emergency Weather Alert feature lets you know you if threatening weather is nearby with an alert tone even if CB is turned off. The unit can also automatically scan for the nearest/strongest weather alert signal.
This control is used to adjust the desired amount of modulation talk back that is present at the speaker during transmit.
Radio Check Diagnostic / Antenna Calibration
Allows testing of important radio functions such as RF power, antenna condition and battery voltage–get your house in order before heading out. SWR Calibration allows calibration of antenna system for maximum performance. Antenna should be bought separately.
Memory Channel With Scan Feature
Store up to 10 of your most frequently used channels for quick access, and scan through all of them as needed. A standard channel scan is also provided for scanning all 40 channels
Also included is a a clock/alarm and on-duty timer, handy for professional drivers.
Nine-Foot Microphone Cord
A generous nine-foot cord provides easy reach within any area of the vehicle. A 4-pin front microphone connector allows convenient installation to be in dash or under dash.
The adjustable Dynamike feature boosts your microphone for increased voice clarity, and Delta Tune clarifies incoming signals. You can also adjust RF gain in weak or strong signal areas to optimize.
You can use this this CB radio as a Public Address System with PA speaker. Receive signals can also be monitored through PA.
4 Watts AM RF Power Output
Transmit with the maximum amount of power allowed by law.
Instant Channel 9 and 19
Instant access to emergency channel 9 and information channel 19.
What’s in the Box
29 LX LCD CB Radio, Microphone With Nine-Foot Cable, Mounting Hardware, Power Cabling
- Enormous Multi-Color display offers information on all radio functions, can be set to one of four colors, and can be dimmed for night driving
- Instant access and automatic scanning of 10 NOAA Weather Channels, alerts you to severe weather conditions in your area
- Channel Scanning – automatically scans all 40 channels searching for transmissions and stopping when activity is found.
- Radio Check Diagnostic Provides information on critical CB aspects such as battery voltage, RF power and antenna condition.
- PA Capability- Use CB radio as a Public Address System with PA speaker. Receive signals can also be monitored through PA
- Multi-Color display offers information on all radio functions, can be set to one of four colors, and can be dimmed for night driving
- Instant access and automatic scanning of 10 NOAA Weather Channels, emergency alerts for severe weather conditions in your area
- Automatically scan all 40 channels, searching for transmissions and stopping when activity is found; or scan 10 specific stored channels
- Radio Check Diagnostic Provides information on critical CB aspects such as battery voltage, RF power, and antenna condition
- PA Capability–use CB radio as a Public Address System with PA speaker; receive signals can also be monitored through PA