The exhaust manifolds found in the 1966-1996 Small Block Chevy engines were designed to combine the exhaust gasses from each of the cylinders quickly with a manifold that was cost effective to produce. Our 4-1 Block Hugger off-road headers are designed to allow the exhaust gasses to flow more freely from each cylinder bank and combine in a more efficient manner. Block Hugger style headers are meant to be used where space for long tube headers is not available due to steering and cross member clearance issues. Tubing has been optimized for the 5.0L(305ci), 5.3L(327ci), 5.7L(350ci), and 6.6L(400ci) engines. This creates a reduction in cylinder backpressure and improved exhaust gas velocity. These improvements free up lost horsepower and torque. An added benefit is a more performance oriented exhaust sound.
Please note these Block Hugger Headers are a semi universal header. The application guide attached is for reference of the engines these headers will fit. The headers are not direct fit to any factory y-pipe. Exhaust fabrication will be required when installing these headers on your vehicle.
- Made From High Quality T304 Stainless Steel For Strength & Durability
- Constructed With TIG Welded CNC Machine Flange
- All Tubing Is Mandrel-Bent
- Comes With Reducer and Metal Gasket
- Note: Headers are Semi Universal for Small Block V8 Engine (Compatibility Chart is for Reference Only)