About Allen Bike Racks
Started out of founder Dick Allen’s garage in 1967, Allen Sports is committed to producing the highest-quality, easiest-to-use bike, parking, and storage racks on the market. Dick Allen, a onetime aerospace engineer, opened Allen Sports after building a prototype bike carrier in his Lincoln, Massachusetts, shop in his free time. The bike enthusiast tested the trunk-mounted carrier–made of electrical conduit, metal strapping, and fire hose casings (for padding)–on weekend excursions. Shortly afterward, Allen took his design to consumers, moving from local to national sales by 1971. Today, the company owns more than three dozen patents and operates three warehouses nationally, two factories abroad, and sells products in more than a dozen countries around the world.
Click to see feature sample
- Hitch insert fits 2″ receiver hitches
- Quick set carry arms “snap” into place right out of the box
- Dual compound tie-down cradles & quick set straps individually secure and protect bicycles
- Extra long hitch insert designed to fit around just about any rear mounted spare tire
- No-wobble bolt(s) eliminates movement of rack inside of hitch