Large cylindrical air filter: 5″ Diameter x 7″ Tall cylindrical air filter with 3 1/2″ diameter opening and full velocity stack directs 74% more air than stock air box to the throttle body for better throttle response and performance. This washable/reuseable, oil-free 3-layer progressively finer porosity synthetic media air filter provides maximum convenience without sacrificing performance. Dual-Purpose, One-Piece Heat Shield: The air filter sits atop a one-piece, black powder-coated 18-gauge heat shield that directs cool air from grille over the engine while blocking out horsepower-robbing engine heat. Cooler air charge results in more horsepower and torque. Mandrel-Bent Intake Tube: Constant 3″ diameter, mandrel-bent intake tube directs unhindered air from the air filter to throttle body for improved performance. This tube is powder-coated, wrinkle-black to minimize heat transfer. Hassle-Free Installation: Billet aluminum adaptor for factory smog pump and crankcase fitting is provided for easy installation. All clamps, couplings, and hardware are included for hassle-free installation. This is a direct bolt-on kit that requires no cutting or drilling on OEM parts. Also fits: 2009-2014 VW Golf L5-2.5L, 2012-2014 VW Passat L5-2.5L, 2012-2014 VW Beetle L5-2.5L
- Outflows the factory intake by up to 74% . Produces an additional max 13 horsepower and 12 lbs. x ft. torque
- 3-Layer non-oiled, washable synthetic media for the perfect balance of performance, protection and convenience
- One-piece, black powder-coated 18-gauge heat shield
- Constant 3″ diameter, mandrel-bent intake tube
- This product is not CARB exempt at this time and is not legal for sale in California or use on vehicles registered with the California Department of Motor Vehicles.