ACCEL’s original Super-Coil is engineered for faster rise time, longer spark duration, and a noticeable increase in performance. Its unique design, premium-grade wire, low resistance, and high-turns-ratio windings produce higher spark energy with breakerless electronic ignition systems. For points-ignition applications, use the included 0.85-ohm ballast resistor in conjunction with the vehicle’s original ballast resistor (if it’s so equipped). An oversize molded case with integral cooling fins, together with the Super-Coil’ high-capacity, oil-filled construction, ensure high thermal conductivity, cool operation, and long life. The extra-tall tan Alkyd tower and integral voltage dam eliminate flashover to primary terminals. This coil comes complete with all mounting hardware and the supplied 0.85 ohm ballast resistor and is effective up to 6,500 rpm.
- Faster rise time, longer spark duration, and better performance
- Premium grade wire, low resistance, and high turns ratio windings
- Oversize molded case with integral cooling fins
- High capacity, oil filled construction for high thermal conductivity and cool operation
- Extra tall tan alkyd tower and integral voltage dam eliminate flashover to primary terminals